[Tweeters] Migration Class by Connie Sidles

Sasha McGuire mcguires at uw.edu
Thu Oct 27 11:15:02 PDT 2016

Connie Sidles will be teaching a class on Bird Migration next week at the UW Botanic Gardens (Center for Urban Horticulture, Seattle).
Here is the information:
Bird Migration
Thursday, November 3, 7 - 8:30pm
UW Botanic Gardens-Center for Urban Horticulture, Douglas Classroom, 3501 NE 41st St, Seattle, WA 98105
Fall migration at the Union Bay Natural Area starts with waves of shorebirds from the tundra flowing through our state, bringing up to 29 different species of sandpipers to stop with us a little while and fuel up before they continue, some flying as far as South America on their long journey to their wintering grounds. As the season advances, the flow of birds increases, as the tropical flycatchers leave us and more birds begin to come down from Alaska. Billions of birds pass through North America before the migration ends. Find out all about how and why birds migrate, and get a peek at the species that we're most likely to see here. Cost: $15
Register online: http://www.uwbotanicgardenscatalog.org/Bird-Migration-P1215C265.aspx
or call 206-685-8033
Hope to see you there!

Sasha McGuire
Education Programs Assistant
University of Washington Botanic Gardens
PH  206.685.8033  EM urbhort at uw.edu
uwbotanicgardens.org