[Tweeters] Marymoor 27 Oct 2016

B&PBell bellasoc at isomedia.com
Thu Oct 27 19:13:00 PDT 2016

Hi Tweets

We had a very good day at Marymoor today - overcast but with no rain or
wind. We managed to find most of the expected birds, with a few misses -
Downy & Hairy Woodpeckers and Bushtits.

But, then, any three owl day is an excellent day.

Notable

Great Horned Owl - on post in east meadow before dawn

Barn Owl - 2 foraging in east meadow until 6:40

Short-eared Owl - circling overhead later in the morning giving good looks

Ruddy Duck on lake

Western Grebe in river below weir

Orange-crowned Warbler

Yellow-rumped Warbler - Audubon's and Myrtle

Townsend's Warbler

Thayer's Gull

Pacific Wren

Hermit Thrush

We also had a loud beaver tail slap in the river before dawn

Good Birding!

Brian H. Bell

Woodinville WA

Mail to bell asoc a t iso media dot com