[Tweeters] FOS White-crowned sparrow

Michelle Maani lamoustique at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 28 17:11:05 PDT 2016

I saw a White-crowned Sparrow  at the Water Resources Center feeder on the east side of the building,  hanging out with Spotted Towhees and Golden-crowned Sparrows.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/11815777@N07/30328831190/in/dateposted/Other birds in the area were Black-capped Chickadees and a couple of Downey Woodpeckers.  I could see a Belted Kingfisher across the road, diving into the water, but it promptly disappeared when I came closer.  Mallards were quite vocal, as well as some Northern Flickers, but I didn't see them.  On the river near McMinneman's I saw three female Common Mergansers and several Double-crested Cormorants.
Michelle MaaniSalmon CreekVancouver, Washington