[Tweeters] Grays Harbor NWR and Nisqually (Black River Unit) Conservation Plans - Please Comment

festuca at comcast.net festuca at comcast.net
Fri Oct 28 19:26:40 PDT 2016

Hi folks,

I presume that you Refuge Volunteers or Refuge savvy-types are aware of this, but I just saw it on the Federal Register.

The FWS has announced the availability of the draft comprehensive conservation plan and environmental assessment (draft CCP/EA) for Grays Harbor National Wildlife Refuge (Refuge) and the Black River Unit (Unit) of Billy Frank Jr. Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge for public review and comment. The draft CCP/EA describes their proposals for managing the Refuges for a period of 15 years following approval of the final CCP. They ask for written comments by November 25, 2016.

I know that a lot of folks bird at the "Grays Harbor" NWR, and fewer folks go to the Black River. But, there's a lot at stake in commenting on these Conservation Plans - they become the "Bibles" that FWS uses to manage the places we love for a good share of our lives.

The Grays Harbor Plan is online at
https://www.fws.gov/refuge/Grays_Harbor/what_we_do/planning.html

The Black River Unit Plan is on line at
https://www.fws.gov/refuge/Grays_Harbor/what_we_do/planning.html

Lets let the nice folks at USFWS know what you want . . . . or perhaps the Bundys and their anti-American ilk will have more of a voice!!

Jon. Anderson
Olympia, Wash