[Tweeters] Birds on the Columbia, Washougal, Clark County

John Bishop bishopjg at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 29 14:31:49 PDT 2016

Jim Danzenbaker and I headed down to Washougal this morning, where yesterday he and Luke Hanes found PACIFIC LOON, EARED GREBE, and a WHITE WINGED SCOTER. Today we relocated the PACIFIC LOON, first on the Oregon side then on the WA side. The white winged scoter was there but stayed in Oregon waters today, along with at least 7 SURF SCOTERS and 2 eared grebes. Several COMMON LOONS were seen on both sides, two BONAPARTE’S GULLS were seen flying up river and a third on the water, all in OR. A RED-NECKED GREBE stayed just east of Steamboat Landing the 2 hours we were there. The big find was a PELAGIC CORMORANT, that Jim spotted on a swim platform just west of Steamboat landing. It stuck around for most of the 4 hours we were in the area, but we couldn’t find it shortly before we left at 1pm.

John Bishop