[Tweeters] Old Lower River Road, and location of Water Resources Center, Vancouver

Michelle Maani lamoustique at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 31 14:52:32 PDT 2016

I went birding along Lower River Road and Vancouver lake, and saw very little...some starlings, a few American Kestrels, a dozen Cackling Geese, a few chickadees a crows.  On the lake was a lone Rainy-day Windsurfer, which I believe is related to the Stormy-day Surfers found along the coast.  Doing nothing better than getting wet, I put my camera in the trunk of my car ---always a mistake---and started to head home. I decided to swing by Old Lower River Road. I found another dozen Cackling Geese browsing in the field, a flock of red-winged blackbirds mixed with starlings, ffteen Eurasian Collared doves in a tree, and a couple of  American Kestrels sitting on a wire. As I started to leave I saw a large bird on the side of the road...My first ever Ring-necked Pheasant.  I know they aren't uncommon, I just haven't ever seen one that wasn't a victim of taxidermy.  A few minutes later I saw three males chasing each other in a field, a two females.  Of course by this time the camera was out of the trunk and I was getting quite wet.  Here are two of my cropped shots:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/11815777@N07/30065188784/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/11815777@N07/30660236806/in/photostream/

Someone sent me an e-mail asking where the Water Resources Center in Vancouver is.  Unfortunately I can't find the email so I think I accidentally deleted it before I could reply.  The address is 4600 SE Columbia Way, Vancouver, WA 98661.

Michelle MaaniSalmon CreekVancouver, Washington