[Tweeters] Space still available for Fall WOS field trips

Ed Swan EdSwan2 at comcast.net
Thu Sep 1 21:18:29 PDT 2016

September is almost here, and we have some great field trips on the
calendar! If you're interested in attending one of them, the trips listed
below still have openings as of today. Please contact the leaders below to
secure your spot.

Grays Harbor

Saturday, September 3 - Sunday, September 4, 2016

Leader: Stefan Schlick

Join Stefan Schlick for a weekend of birding around Grays Harbor Bay. We
will likely be hitting Westport one day and Ocean Shores the next, but this
will all depend on what's hot. The focus will be shorebirds, but we'll keep
our eyes peeled for migrants of any kind. Places we'll be hitting include
Oyehut, Brown's Jetty, Westport Harbor, Bottle Beach and Midway Beach. Bring
a packed lunch, lots of water and dress for the weather. Meet at 6:30am on
Saturday, September 3, at the Hoquiam Sewage Ponds at the intersection of
Paulson Rd and Airport Rd. No registration required. For more info, contact
Stefan at greenfant at hotmail.com <mailto:greenfant at hotmail.com> .

The GPS coordinates for the meeting place are 46.975596, -123.918004

Click here for Meeting Place Map
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/46%C2%B058'32.1%22N+123%C2%B055'04.8%22W/
@46.9755942,-123.9355136,14z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d46.975596
!4d-123.918004>

A Day in Neah Bay with the Waggoner Brothers

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Leaders: Brad and Dan Waggoner

Join Brad and Dan on a quest for fall migrants at various spots within the
general Neah Bay area. Plan on meeting at Butler's Motel at 6:30 AM. Early
start and full day will likely require the need for overnight accommodations
nearby. Trip is limited to 7 participants. For more details and to sign up
contact Brad at wagtail24 at gmail.com <mailto:wagtail24 at gmail.com> or 206 384
6921 <tel:206%20384%206921> .

Whidbey Island

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 (Limit 11)

Leader: Brian H. Bell <tel:%28425-485-8058> (425-485-8058)

6:20 a.m. (prompt) - NE 145th St. P&R (also called N. Jackson Park P&R)

September can be good for southbound shorebirds, as well as passerines and
raptors and possibly loons, grebes and alcids. Plan on a full day as we hit
the best spots on Whidbey, starting at the south end of the island and
working our way north. We will carpool in three cars and plan on catching
the 7 a.m. ferry from Mukilteo. Bring lunch, fluids, scopes. Call Brian to
reserve your spot (206-619-0379 <tel:%28206-619-0379> morning of trip only
- please don't call the 425 number that morning).

Potholes Pelagic

Friday, September 16, 2016 (Limit 12)

Leader: Mike and MerryLynn Denny

The tour will be on 16 Sept. a Friday from Mardon Resort, leaving at 6:30 am
and returning at 1:30 pm. Folks can contact me at 509-529-0080
<tel:509-529-0080> or e-mail me at this address: m.denny at charter.net
<mailto:m.denny at charter.net> . Sign-up for this great Potholes trip will
open today through the 15th of September. We can take 12 participants at
$75.00 each, on a first-come first-served basis. Must be a WOS member. All
are welcome!

<x-apple-data-detectors://2> Sunday, October 9, 2016

Blanketing Chelan County (Limit 9)

Leaders: Tim Brennan, Ginny Palumbo, Dan Stephens

In 2016, Tim Brennan has been pursuing a Big Year in Chelan County. This
trip is both a result of his efforts and an attempt to find some more birds
for his year list. Our plan is a bit non-traditional: We'll start the
morning in single car teams, one in the Cashmere-Leavenworth area, one
covering the Lake Chelan area down to Wenatchee, and one birding the
foothills and waterfront around Wenatchee. We'll meet up in Wenatchee for
lunch to share what was found and to decide if any afternoon followups are
warranted. Expect a day with new corners of Chelan uncovered! Email Tim
Brennan attsbrennan at hotmail.com <mailto:tsbrennan at hotmail.com> to sign up.
We'll accommodate trip preferences on a first come, first served basis.

<x-apple-data-detectors://5> Sunday, October 23, 2016

Whatcom County Northern Coast

Leader: Joe Meche

Joe Meche will lead a trip along the shoreline of northern Whatcom County,
starting just south of the Canadian border.

We will meet at Marine Park in Blaine at 9:00 AM
<x-apple-data-detectors://8> and explore the Blaine harbor/waterfront on
foot. We will then carpool to the Semiahmoo Spit, with a few stops along the
way. After a lunch break at Semiahmoo, we will take a walking tour of the
spit before returning to our starting point in Blaine.

For more information and to sign up, contact Joe Meche at joebudwa at gmail.com
<mailto:joebudwa at gmail.com> .