[Tweeters] Adams and Lincoln Counties

Terry Little terry at crossoverchurch.info
Fri Sep 2 18:31:55 PDT 2016

Hello,

After reading Bob Flores’s post about Washtucna, I was excited to get there early this morning and bird Bassett Park and a couple of my other favorite spots in Adams County. Here are a few highlights from my day:

Washtucna – Bassett Park – I arrived at 8am and things were pretty dead, but by 8:30 the bird activity began to increase. I did not see large quantities of birds but there were some nice finds in the two hours I was there. There were very few warblers and a moderate number of flycatchers. Nothing seemed to attracted to the creek. Most of the activity was north of the park in the Russian Olives and Willows.

AMERICAN REDSTART (1) - young male

MacGillivray’s Warbler (1)

Wilson’s Warbler (1)

Yellow Warbler (1)

HAIRY WOODPECKER (1)

EVENING GROSBEAKS (3)

BARN OWL (1)

Warbling Vireo (1)

Olive-sided Flycatcher (2)

Western Wood Pewee (2)

Hammond’s Flycatcher (3)

Pacific-sloped Flycatcher (1)

Washtucna – Sewage Lagoon
Least Sandpiper (3)

Baird’s Sandpiper (1)

Cow Lake
GREATER WHITE FRONTED GEESE (7)

BLACK BELLIED PLOVER (1)

Lesser Yellowlegs (2)

Greater Yellowlegs (4)

FORSTER’S TERN (2)

American Pipit (2)

Prairie Falcon (1)

Great Egrets (6)

White Pelican (8)

Sprague Lake – Adams and Lincoln Counties – not much

Sprague Sewage Lagoon - Red–necked Phalarope (7)

Blessings
Terry Little
Mead, Wa