[Tweeters] Alki Point Cassin's Auklets, Renton Pec, Bank Swallow

Sam G Terry sgt3 at uw.edu
Fri Sep 9 11:57:06 PDT 2016

Hi Tweeters,

This morning between 8:45 and 9:30 Houston Flores and I saw at least three
Cassin's Auklets off of Alki Point in Seattle. We saw two pairs of birds
flying north at different times and got nice looks at a single bird that
came in from the north and landed a couple hundred yards off the point.
There were a lot of Rhino Auklets flying south allowing good comparisons.

There were also two juv Horned Larks on the beach on the south side of Alki
Point and a distant flock of phalaropes in the sound.

Later in the morning I found a juv Pectoral Sandpiper and a Bank Swallow at
the Cedar River mouth in Renton.

Good birding,

Sam Terry
Seattle