[Tweeters] Hunters on Leque Island - warning

Pamela Myers pamelapiwo6813 at aol.com
Sat Sep 10 10:11:18 PDT 2016

I was surprised to see a number of hunters on Leque Island this morning. This made it rather difficult to survey birds, but not being a person who is easily put off by men holding rifles telling me to "get out" -- admittedly, this was my first experience, I tromped around my section in the red jacket I had coincidentally worn, counting whatever sparrows and swallows who had not been frightened away by the noise. Fortunately for the birds, despite numerous attempts, these hunters are of the type who cannot hit the broadside of a barn.

Pam Myers
Marysville