[Tweeters] Sabine's Gull, Common Terns WWRDelta

Mike & MerryLynn m.denny at charter.net
Sat Sep 10 17:06:26 PDT 2016

Hello all,

Chris Lindsey joined us today at Fishhook Park on the Snake River in
Walla Walla Co. After looking through many warblers we were able to find
2 BLACK-THROATED GRAY WARBLERS - #250 for the WWCo. yearlist. Many
Yrumps, a few Orange-crowned, Wilson's, Townsend's.

At the corner of Hanson Loop and Humorist (McNary NWR) this afternoon we
found 2 late WESTERN KINGBIRDS.

Yesterday (Friday) an adult SABINE'S GULL flew around at the WWRdelta -
after a couple hours we left and Chris had 4 COMMON TERNS fly around
briefly. There were 6 Franklin's Gulls as well.

Lewis's Woodpeckers have been seen in several areas this last week - 2
at Fishhook Park, 1 in Touchet and 1 at Bennington Lake.

White-fronted Geese are back at Casey pond - the river was very high
today so no shorebirds.

Happy vagrant hunting this fall, ML

--
Mike & MerryLynn Denny
Birding the Beautiful Walla Walla Valley