[Tweeters] Another Puget Sound Cassin's Auklet - Richmond Beach 9/11

Ryan Merrill rjm284 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 10:14:22 PDT 2016

This morning I went up to the King/Snohomish County line at Richmond Beach
to scope the sound and see if any Cassin's Auklets were around. After just
ten minutes a solo Cassin's Auklet flew past heading south! It was
undoubtedly in both counties but I only saw it in King. I stayed another
hour and ended up with a total of 249 Rhinocerous Auklets, 11 Bonaparte's
Gulls, and a flyover American Pipit, but no more Cassin's.

Good birding,
Ryan Merrill
Seattle