[Tweeters] Ridgefield Carty Unit

Michelle Maani lamoustique at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 15 15:59:56 PDT 2016

I wasn't birding today but I guess I couldn't help but notice  some of the birds.  A single white Pelican was circling over the river. I saw several Sandhill cranes flying southward. I've seen them at the River S unit now for a week.  I think what surprised me the most was seeing two Golden-crowned Sparrows in the blackberries; I expected to see them later in the season.  A small flock of Bushtits made a brief appearance.  And of course, the obligatory Great Blue Heron, Great Egret, Western Scrub Jays, Black-capped Chickadees and Spotted Towhees were seen.  A bonanza of acorns probably means a good year for Western Scrub Jays.
Michelle MaaniSalmon Creek, WashingtonVancouver, Washington