[Tweeters] Re: More on Mann Lake Golden Plover

Dennis Paulson dennispaulson at comcast.net
Tue Sep 20 19:54:59 PDT 2016

Keith, that looks like an American Golden-Plover to me, with its long primary projections and not really any yellow on the head and neck. The lack of visible toes projecting beyond the tail in flight is consistent with American, but that flight position (spectacular photo!) might not show the difference.

Dennis Paulson
Seattle

On Sep 20, 2016, at 12:38 PM, Keith Carlson <kec201814 at cableone.net> wrote:

> The possibility of this morning's bird being a juvenile PACIFIC Golden Plover has been raised.

> Here are two more photos of the same bird.

> https://www.flickr.com/photos/birddog/29526015760/in/dateposted-public/

> https://www.flickr.com/photos/birddog/29191122584/in/dateposted-public/

> I have no experience with juvenile Pacific Golden Plover, having seen only adult breeding plumage birds.

> If you missed the earlier photos:

> https://www.flickr.com/photos/birddog/29189751123/in/dateposted-public/

> https://www.flickr.com/photos/birddog/29702654972/in/dateposted-public/

> Keith E Carlson