[Tweeters] Unidentified duck at Rattle snake Lake

Linda Phillips linda_phillips1252 at msn.com
Thu Sep 22 20:00:28 PDT 2016

I know this is a long shot but I’m hoping someone can help me ID the ducks/water birds I saw Thursday at Rattlesnake Lake.
They were far enough from shore that I couldn’t get much detail. They were smallish perhaps the size of GW teal or wood duck. There were two of them, they were overall a mottled or streaky brown. The heads and bill were more golden brown than the rest of their bodies and when one climbed out of the water onto a submerged stump I saw a pretty clean white or whitish breast.
I know I’m not giving you much to go on but I thought it can’t hurt to ask for help.
I was there from 2:30-4 PM there wasn’t much bird activity at all. Besides my mystery birds I saw one each flicker, robin, and raven and 6-8 crows.

Linda Phillips
Kenmore