[Tweeters] Question on night birds

Sue Madsen swmadsen at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 17:04:42 PDT 2016

Ok tweets - help me out. I'm camped at yakima sportsman state park; near town, with a small wetland/slough, pond and river all nearby. All last night there was a bird flying around the campground and calling-a single 1-2 second squawk every 30 seconds or so. This started about 9:00 pm and went on literally all night. I thought I was pretty good with my owls, but this was not like any owl I've heard. Black crowned night heron? Doesn't match up with any of the call on cornell web site. Longer and screechier than a nighthawk or poorwill.
Any suggestions????

Sent from my iPhone