[Tweeters] Subject: Re: Gray Wagtail Photos

Scott scottratkinson at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 28 07:41:32 PDT 2016

Tweeters:

The timing also coincides with migration in Kamchatka. Although we're past the peak (mid-Sept most

years, a person can score low double-figures some days near Petropavlovsk), birds move through to at least

to end of the month, and further south in the Russia Far East, birds are still in passage through end of Oct.

Gray is certainly less common at coastal shorelines than Eastern Yellow, but in passage can occur as a

flyover nearly anywhere.

I don't have Dementev's book with me, but robusta (at least in the old nomenclature) would be the likeliest

subsp.

Nice photos indeed!

Scott Atkinson

Lake Stevens