[Tweeters] Juvenile common nighthawk in Wallingford (Seattle)

Katie Sauter Messick kfsauter at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 28 10:14:04 PDT 2016

Hi Tweeters,

When I left my house in Wallingford this morning at about 9:30 there was a juvenile common nighthawk roosting on my front porch. It flew off to the south before I could get a photo, but it was mottled gray and kinda fluffy and had a fairly long tail with no white on the tip. This is only the second time I've seen a common nighthawk in my neighborhood in the 14 years I've been here. The first was in 2004 on the fourth of July, flying overhead and vocalizing as the fireworks went off all around. Exciting morning!

Katie Messick