[Tweeters] More odd Seattle yardbirds

Jeffrey Bryant jbryant_68 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 28 14:04:23 PDT 2016

Building on Katie's mystery goatsucker, my south Seattle yard is currently hosting my more-or-less biannual TOWNSEND'S SOLITAIRE, which is coming in to drink intermittently at my pond. In the unusual-yet-not-quite-rare category today have been a flyover flock of Band-tailed Pigeons, the first Red-winged Blackbird to ever visit my suet feeder, and a so far invisible Common Raven vocalizing occasionally nearby.
All the expected winter birds have arrived: Fox and Golden-crowned Sparrows, Varied and Hermit Thrushes, Butterbutts, the junco flock, and, most recently, the Ruby-crowned Kinglets.

Jeff Bryant

Seattle

jbryant_68 AT Yahoo