[Tweeters] mystery kettle of Des Moines birds, part 2

Lonnie Somer mombiwheeler at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 16:01:39 PDT 2016

Hi again,

Ryan Merrill pointed out that big groups of Turkey Vultures have been seen
migrating through in the past few days. It does seem much more likely to
be that species than a kettle of hawks. They did not appear to me to be
holding their wings in a dihedral manner or rocking as they soared, but
perhaps because of the distance I just couldn't make these out. In any
event, if anyone else in Tweetersville sees something similar, can you post
it? Thanks,

Lonnie Somer
Seattle
mombiwheeler at gmail.com