[Tweeters] Odd bird behavior this morning in Sekiu

Hope Anderson hopea1994 at aol.com
Fri Sep 30 11:22:00 PDT 2016

Hey everyone! I saw something this morning that frankly has me baffled and I am looking for thoughts. I was getting in my car and heard some Birds flying over so looked up to try and ID. Only bird I could ID was an Eurasian collared dove and it was flying erratically. I then heard screeching from the dove's direction and looked closer and it was carrying a smaller bird under it and that bird was screaming bloody murder. So, my first thought was, do they attack smaller Birds? Had to run in the house for something and when I came out there were a bunch of crows making noise and that's when I saw the merlin. So, my question would be, what was the dove doing with a screaming bird? Maybe carrying away a baby from a nest to avoid the merlin? I am very confused! Not sure if they breed this late in the year. I wish I had some good binoculars and could have tried to see what kind of bird was being carried away. Thanks for any input!
Hope Anderson
Hopea1994 at aol.com in Sekiu and Neah Bay

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail