[Tweeters] Alki Point Cassin's Auklets (again)

Sam G Terry sgt3 at uw.edu
Fri Sep 30 12:01:42 PDT 2016

Hi Tweeters,

I scoped the sound this morning from Alki Point today between 8:45-9:30am.
Was surprised to see three Cassin's Auklets after not having seen any there
since early this month. All three were flying north - a single bird early
on, and then a pair later. Got great comparisons with Rhinos in flight. So,
there are still a few around.

Stopped by the mouth of the Cedar River in Renton afterwards and saw a juv
Pectoral Sandpiper along with the first Thayer's and Herring Gulls I've
seen there this fall.

Good birding,

Sam