[Tweeters] Marymoor Park - 9/30 - Cooper's Hawks & Northern Harrier

Raymond P. rayshome1 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 30 17:19:57 PDT 2016

I want to thank everyone that responded to my ID help request yesterday. The majority of the responses were Cooper's Hawk, juvenile, first year, so that's what I'm going with.

I visited the park again this morning and came across the same hawk again. It was perched on the viewing platform early this morning before sunrise. I was also able to photograph what is probably its parent a bit later in the morning as they flew together.

Finally, there was a Northern Harrier flying over the meadow this morning.

All of the details of the visit including photographs can be found on my blog here.

http://raymondparsons.wordpress.com

Also, I've posted a couple of the pictures on Flickr now that I have an ID.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rparsons/29919241482/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rparsons/30032706715/

I suspect that the meadow will be a reliable location for the hawks and the harrier for a little while.

Thanks again everyone.

-Raymond