[Tweeters] Female PIWO Eyes - RFI

Hubbell ldhubbell at comcast.net
Mon Apr 3 12:15:20 PDT 2017

Tweeters,

This message is for those who did not have time to read my post on Union Bay Watch this week. I am doing a study of the distribution of eye colors among female pileated woodpeckers. In general, some have red iris’ and some have yellow. I have many unanswered questions related to when they change and the geographic distribution of the colors, etc. If you happen to have any photos you would be willing to share (with location and date) I would love copies to add to my growing collection. I have no intentions of publishing your photos. I will only be using them to try and answer as many eye-color questions as possible.

Here is this week's post where I discuss the issues and questions which focused me on the eye colors of female Pileated Woodpeckers.

http://unionbaywatch.blogspot.com/2017/04/storm-passing.html <http://unionbaywatch.blogspot.com/2017/04/storm-passing.html>

Thanks you!

Larry Hubbell

ps: By the way if you know photographers in other states who might be willing to contribute please pass this email on! I would definitely love to have input from all over North America.