[Tweeters] Female PIWO Eyes - RFI

Wally Davis wallydavis3 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 13:55:29 PDT 2017

Many years ago I used to race homing pigeons. Among many who raced pigeons was a belief that “eye sign” was an indicator of racing performance. Eye color in pigeons was studied extensively and books were written on the subject. To my knowledge nobody ever made a good connection between eye color and performance. Eye color is not sex linked. If you want to learn more about eye color in pigeons, much of which is likely to be helpful in understanding eye color in general, here is an interesting site. http://mumtazticloft.com/PigeonGenetics7.asp

Wally Davis

Snohomish, WA