[Tweeters] Swainson's Hawks, Douglas County

merdave at homenetnw.net merdave at homenetnw.net
Mon Apr 10 12:32:26 PDT 2017

Hello, Birders. Yesterday was a beautiful, sunny day over here, unlike
today, where we have had rain and SNOW (the hills above town are
white!!!). Yesterday we saw 2 Swainson's Hawks in Douglas County. This
is my earliest date, but in the past they were even seen in March. LOTS
of standing water in the county, which equals lots of ducks, but will it
also mean we get some shorebirds? Only time will tell. Enjoy your birds.
Meredith Spencer, Bridgeport