Michael Hobbs birdmarymoor at frontier.com
Mon Apr 10 14:19:53 PDT 2017

Tweets – I woke late, but sunshine eventually got me out of bed. With the recent winds, followed by a nice-looking morning, I figured I’d better head down to Marymoor to see what blew in. Boy, am I glad I did. I did just the main loop, solo, and in 2.5 hours instead of our usual 3. The nice sunny weather turned into come-and-go showers. Even so, I managed 57 species.

Here’s the list of species that I had today, but which we didn’t have last Thursday:
a.. SWAN SP. - Two swans flew north, high and silent – very late
b.. Rock Pigeon
c.. Band-tailed Pigeon
d.. COMMON LOON – breeding plumage, on lake – first of 2017
e.. Hairy Woodpecker – first since early March
f.. MERLIN – First since early February
g.. LOGGERHEAD SHRIKE – East Meadow. Only 5th sighting ever at Marymoor, 1st since 2011
h.. Cliff Swallow – New for 2017 – Several
i.. Barn Swallow
j.. Bushtit
k.. HOUSE SPARROW – 1 make below weir, our first since 2014
l.. American Goldfinch
m.. Brown-headed Cowbird – our first for 2017
LINCOLN’S SPARROWS seem to be moving through; I had at least 4 at Marymoor, and then one at my house when I got home.

*Still* no Orange-crowned Warblers, nor any other warblers except for Yellow-rumped and Common Yellowthroat.

== Michael Hobbs
== www.marymoor.org/birding.htm
== BirdMarymoor at frontier.com