[Tweeters] Mozart's Starling reading / Caryn / Wedgwood

Caryn Schutzler bluedarner1 at seanet.com
Tue Apr 11 11:40:53 PDT 2017

Good morning birders,

Last night at the Lake Forest Park Third Place Books, I attended Lyanda Lynn Haupt's enchanting introduction to her latest book, Mozart's Starling, which, if you get the chance, I strongly urge you all to attend.

Her extensive research into both Mozart's own starling and her more "home-based" interactions with this much despised bird, Ms. Haupt drew me in with her gracious, enthusiastic presentation through readings, enhanced with stunning images and videos. I'm very eager to delve into this intriguing book.

On the wall above the author's head hung this quote which seemed quite appropriate to this story.

"A story wants to be told a certain way, or it is merely the alphabet badly recited. At the right time the words borrow us, so to speak, and then out they can come the unsuspected sides of things with a force like that of music." - Ivan Doig

Looking out into my own garden this morning, I realized I was actually hoping to see some starlings and to hear their "music", indeed almost longing for them - well, almost.

Caryn / Wedgwood