[Tweeters] Singing Loons on Lake Sammamish

Mason Flint masonflint at outlook.com
Wed Apr 12 15:44:06 PDT 2017

It’s one of my favorite times of year on Lake Sammamish. It’s still quiet on the lake because the water is too cold for most boaters and Common Loon are passing through during migration. I heard them yodeling last night as I walked my dog before bed and through most of the night whenever I woke up. They’re usually around for a couple of weeks each April before they disappear until next year. If you’re near the lake (or probably many others nearby), keep your ears open for the beautiful sounds.

Mason Flint

Bellevue, WA