[Tweeters] Edmonds & Shoreline Birding

Michael Fleming michaelfleming01 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 14:46:37 PDT 2017

This morning I spent a few hours birding a couple of the parks in
Shoreline along with the Edmonds waterfront and marsh. My first stop was
Kayu Kayu Ac Park (a very small park) in Edmonds, but it has a good
overview of the water. I then went to Richmond Beach Saltwater Park (my
first time at this park), and really liked this place. I met Joe Sweeney
when I was there and we birded together for while, which was great. Next I
was off to Brackett's Landing Park and the birding there was quite good,
compared to the Edmonds Fish Pier which was really slow. Lastly I finished
the morning birding the Edmonds Marsh. All in all it was a pretty good
morning of birding with the following highlights:

BRANT - 15 at Kayu Kayu Ac Park, 50 at Richmond Beach Saltwater Park, and
60 at Brackett's Landing Park

HARLEQUIN DUCK - 1 at Kayu Kayu Ac Park and 2 at Brackett's Landing Park

BLACK SCOTER - a pair at Richmond Beach Saltwater Park

RED-THROATED LOON - a single individual at Richmond Beach Saltwater Park

PACIFIC LOON - a group of 20~ north of Brackett's Landing Park

COMMON LOON - 1 at Kayu Kayu AC Park, 2 at Richmond Beach Saltwater Park,
and 1 at Brackett's Landing Park

WESTERN GREBE - a few far out at Richmond Beach Saltwater Park

BRANDT'S COMORANT - 1 at Brackett's Landing Park

VIRGINIA RAIL - Edmonds Marsh

RHINOCEROUS AUKLET - 1 at Richmond Beach Saltwater Park

BONEPARTE'S GULL - several seen at Richmond Beach Saltwater Park

Cheers and Good Birding;

Michael Fleming
Ballard, Washington
michaelfleming01 AT gmail.com