[Tweeters] question about tipping guides

Amy Powell schillingera at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 13 16:19:41 PDT 2017

When we hired a private guide in Costa Rica he charged us $200/person for the day. He had a private van and driver, picked us up, served us breakfast and lunch, and brought us back to our home. He was very knowledgeable, friendly, and very accommodating. There were two of us and we each tipped him 20% so a total of $80. Some may consider that an overly generous tip but good guides are worth their weight in gold and I guarantee you he’ll remember us the next time we hire him for his services.

Cheers!
Amy Powell
Renton, WA
schillingera at Hotmail.com