birdmarymoor at gmail.com birdmarymoor at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 16:50:25 PDT 2017

Tweets – We had a fine morning at Marymoor today. There was a bit of sun, especially early, quite a bit of overcast, but just a touch of mizzle at about 8:30. Really not too bad, and while not warm, it wasn’t too chilly either. It was fairly birdy. Our big group found a lot of birds.

Highlights:
a.. Common Loon – one well out on lake
b.. Western Grebe – about 3 well out on lake
c.. Western Screech-Owl – Matt heard and saw one very early
d.. Great Horned Owl – Matt heard 2 near mansion very, very early
e.. Four woodpecker day – Missing Hairy
f.. LOGGERHEAD SHRIKE – continues, East Meadow
g.. Violet-green Swallow – several hundred, with some Tree, Cliff, and a couple of Barn
h.. HERMIT THRUSH – one seen poorly, Big Cottonwood Forest; one seen well, Rowing Club
i.. American Pipit – one in East Meadow that flew to the Dog Meadow
j.. Orange-crowned Warbler – finally, but only one, heard-only, south of Dog Meadow
k.. Yellow-rumped Warbler – Mostly “Audubon’s”, numerous, mostly males
l.. Lincoln’s Sparrow – several; migration pulse
Hermit Thrush and Orange-crowned Warbler were new for 2017.

For the day, 68 species, with a good number of additional species seen earlier in the week.

== Michael Hobbs
== www.marymoor.org/birding.htm
== BirdMarymoor at frontier.com