[Tweeters] question about tipping guides

Amy Powell schillingera at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 14 08:41:23 PDT 2017

Sure! His name was Andres Ramirez Bonilla. His email is andresramirez at live.com<mailto:andresramirez at live.com>

He spoke fluent English and was able to take us to see birds that were hard to find or unusual. He birds by ear as well and does use some light playback. His drivers name was Jose I believe. They used a very ample-sized passenger van (w/air conditioning) to transport us.

We stayed in Tamarindo, Guanacaste province which is on the Pacific side. He took us on a Dry Side/Rain Forest trip so we covered a lot of ground including up into the mountains. Some hiking was required to get to the Tody MotMot and other specialty birds but it was worth it!

Hope that helps.

Amy Powell