[Tweeters] parting is such sweet sorrow

Dennis Paulson dennispaulson at comcast.net
Fri Apr 14 16:28:08 PDT 2017

Hello, tweets.

I have been following a little flock of Yellow-rumped Warblers all winter, surely eight or more (six was the maximum I ever saw at one time). About half and half Myrtle and Audubon’s. They came to our suet feeders just about every day, and I started photographing them almost daily from late February. Watching them change from nonbreeding to breeding plumage during that time interval was very interesting. The last Audubon’s were on 10 April, the last Myrtle on 12 April, each subspecies really seeming to leave in a bunch. I was very sorry to see them go.

We have a lot of records of arrival dates for migrants, not so many of departure dates, so here’s a contribution from my yard.

Dennis Paulson
1724 NE 98 St.
Seattle, WA 98115