[Tweeters] Townsend's Solitare, Bellevue Eastgate

Pterodroma pterodroma at aol.com
Sun Apr 16 19:25:52 PDT 2017

New yard bird, yeaaaa!! Never really thought I'd ever see a Townsend's Solitare here in the yard, but 6:44pm while just sitting down for dinner (morel mushrooms!), there it was perched in a shrub just outside the front window. To the unaided eye, I first thought it maybe a Cedar Waxwing. Luckily, had the bins close at hand and upon closer look I was elated to determine and confirm otherwise. It's been a couple years since I last added a new yard bird. This one will most likely will be "yard bird of the year" for this location, ....unless a Red-flanked Bluetail or something of similar ilk shows up.

Richard Rowlett
Bellevue (Eastgate), WA