[Tweeters] Bushtit nest

Joshua Rosenau josh.rosenau at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 12:20:16 PDT 2017

Hi all,

I’ve been watching bushtits tend a nest by my back porch for a while, and would love any suggestions you all have for doing more to monitor events inside the nest, and for helping my kids (5 and 2) appreciate what’s happening there. Obviously I don’t want to disturb the parents or eggs/hatchlings, and given the shape of the nest, it’s hard to see inside without getting really close.

Happy to stick with our “leave it be” approach, but curious if there’s any noninvasive option for keeping closer tabs on what’s happening in that pouch.

Thanks,
Josh