[Tweeters] Montlake monthly census

Constance Sidles constancesidles at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 08:04:25 PDT 2017

Hey tweets, I'm putting out a call for any interested birders to come to our monthly bird census at Montlake Fill on the last Sunday of the month, April 30. We meet at the kiosk at 6:30 a.m.

FYI, we've been doing a monthly census every month in 2017 as an outcome study for WSDOT's mitigation efforts. April should be one of our most active months. Birds are coming through finally, and the migration will only get larger as we approach May. Yesterday I was out and saw:

• Hermit Thrush
• Hammond's Flycatcher
• Least Sandpiper (1)
• Ospreys are back
• Lincoln's Sparrows coming through
• tons of Yellow-rumped Warblers, both kinds

I haven't seen the other migratory warblers yet (except Orange-crowned), but other birders have reported Yellow. It's an exciting time of year! Hope to see you there. - Connie