[Tweeters] Dunlin & Marbled Murrelets @ Discovery Park

Michael Fleming michaelfleming01 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 16:32:12 PDT 2017

Today I birded for a few hours at Discovery Park and the place was
crowded with people (Earth Day is tomorrow and the weather was nice). Upon
my arrival I happened to meet Arn and Kathy Slettebak who informed me they
had seen a CASSIN'S VIREO and NASHVILLE WARBLER in the tall maples behind
the visitor center. I tried for them but missed out, instead saw
TOWNSEND'S and ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLERS at the same location. At the West
Point Lighthouse there were a pair of breeding plumage MARBLED MURRELETS
close in and a single DUNLIN flying around. Also of note was a single
BRANT'S CORMORANT, lots of BONEPARTE'S GULL (far out), a few HARBOR
PORPOISE; and I had a PINE SISKIN (near the visitor center) diligently
gathering nesting material.....

Cheers and Good Birding;

Michael Fleming
Ballard, Washington