[Tweeters] Re: Fallout with the rain, Ridgefield, Clark Co, WA

John Bishop bishopjg at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 22 13:11:03 PDT 2017

I had a similar experience this morning, not that far away. I went outside in the pouring rain at about 9:20 this morning because I thought I heard evening grosbeaks, which would be a new yard bird. When the rain stopped I also had warblers everywhere in our woods above Salmon Creek, in west Brush Prairie, Clark County.
5 ruby crowned kinglets
19 yellow-rumped (1 Myrtle’s)
5 orange-crowned
3 black throated grays
1 Townsend’s
3 Nashville warblers
1 Warbling Vireo
1 Pacific Slope Flycatcher
12 Evening grosbeaks.

These were conservative counts, it seemed like warblers were popping up everywhere and I was trying not to re-count.

Also a flock of Sandhill cranes flying north, very high up.

John Bishop
Brush Prairie, WA

Robert Flores wrote:
At about 9am when the rain started I found a large number of migrants, for my yard anyway, that included 37 yellow-rumped, 4 orange-crowned, 1 Nashville and 1 Townsend's warblers also 3 ruby-crowned kinglets and a male Western tanager. The tanager is my second in a week both earlier than my past experience.

Bob Flores

Ridgefield, WA