[Tweeters] Walla Walla County migrants

Mike & MerryLynn m.denny at charter.net
Sat Apr 22 20:43:18 PDT 2017

Hello all,

Our first Black-chinned Hummingbird showed up today at the Blue Mountain
Audubon presidents home - no one has reported a Rufous here yet.
Wilson's, Nashville and Orange-crowned Warblers are in along with many
Yellow-rumped's. Swainson's Hawks are back in good numbers.

The millet pond was birdy yesterday with our first of year Solitary and
Least Sandpipers along with Avocets and Stilts. On Wednesday at 2Rivers
HMU a Long-tailed Duck and 2 White-winged Scoters were unexpected.

Over 900 white geese were north of Casey pond - too far for us to ID -
but hoping someone from Fish and Wildlife will because there is a chance
at least some were Ross's Geese.

Forster's Terns were at Bateman Island and up at Columbia NWR today - no
one has reported any in WWCo. yet.

Happy spring birding, MerryLynn

--
Mike & MerryLynn Denny
Birding the Beautiful Walla Walla Valley