[Tweeters] FOYs: Hammond's in West Stl, Yellowthroat at Discovery

Tucker, Trileigh TRI at seattleu.edu
Sun Apr 23 16:50:08 PDT 2017

Hi Tweets,

I know Common Yellowthroats do seem to be fairly common, but I just haven’t happened to see one here until this morning at Discovery Park, at the little pond just west of the old barn along Discovery Park Way – which, thanks to some digging that unearthed Carol Riddell’s very helpful 2016 repost of David Hutchinson’s very helpful 2013 descriptions, I found is the mysterious “Utah Wetland." I was thrilled to find the Yellowthroat, since I’ve only seen them back East before.

More unusual is the Hammond’s Flycatcher I encountered near Lowman Beach yesterday evening. The light was low, so my photos are grainy<http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S36206581>, but seem to be enough for ID. Sure love spring migration season!

Good birding to you,
Trileigh

Trileigh Tucker
Pelly Valley, West Seattle