[Tweeters] Snohomish White Pelicans NO

Marv Breece marvbreece at q.com
Sun Apr 23 18:54:10 PDT 2017

I invested a good deal of today proving that the AMERICAN WHITE PELICANS were no longer at Port Susan Bay. This morning I scoped the area from Warm Beach without success. When I reached Boe Road, south of Stanwood, at about 10:30, I spoke with a gentleman who had seen several pelicans leave the bay heading north. He said it was about 8 or 8:30. He showed me images. Never hit the snooze button when twitching!

At low tide, there was a nice collection of shorebirds at the Skagit Game Range (Wylie Slough). Both yellowlegs, dowitchers, Least & Western Sandpipers and Dunlin. Throughout the day I saw many Black-bellied Plovers on mud flats at several locations.

Marv Breece
Tukwila, WA
marvbreece at q.com