[Tweeters] Nashville Warblers at Nisqually

Tom and Carol Stoner tcstonefam at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 15:51:56 PDT 2017

Tweets,

I wandered around Nisqually this morning and about 11:30 I discovered a
Nashville Warbler while looking at a Ruby-crowned Kinglet, Orange-crowned
Warblers, and Yellow-rumps. The Nashville had a gray head and neck, yellow
below and olive back/wings. (No red on the crown) I finally got a clear
view of a complete eye ring. This bird was on the twin barns side of the
boardwalk near the fallen willow that extends into the pond, in small
willows between the boardwalk and the huge maples. The second Nashville
was in the vine maple on the left side of the ramp up to the observation
platform at the twin barns. I saw this bird in better light and the gray
head seemed darker and I could see the rusty red on the crown. Again, I
saw the complete eye ring.

Despite the continuous rain, it was a good day to be birding. I saw my FOY
Cliff Swallows with Rough-winged, V-G, Tree and Barns with perhaps 4
swifts.
My FOY Yellow Warbler, Common Yellowthroats, both Yellow Rumps
A pair of Wood Ducks in the Maple Trees opposite the Visitors Center
American Wigeon, Shovelers, G-W Teal, Gadwall, Ring-necks, and Mallards
A female Rufous
Golden-crowned, White-crowned and Song Sparrows
Marsh and Bewick's Wrens
Brown Creeper
A Bald Eagle and a Peregrine

A fine day--