[Tweeters] Any Suggestions on How to Discourage English Sparrows?

Deborah West olyclarinet at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 10:24:38 PDT 2017

Last summer we moved into a house whose former owners encouraged the English Sparrows, including putting out bird boxes for them. We have removed the bird boxes and have put out a box for chickadees, attaching a metal plate so the English Sparrows cannot enter. They are still trying however, which is a problem since a pair of Black-capped Chickadees have already taken up residence. The English Sparrows are now intimidating the chickadees when they try to get to the box.

Any suggestions on what we can do? We have removed our suet feeder so the only feeder is the one containing sunflower seeds, which they never touch. Not sure what else to do.

Deborah West
Olympia
olyclarinetatgmaildotcom