[Tweeters] WOS Program Monday May 1: How Technology is Changing What We Know about Migration

Ed Swan Edswan2 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 26 12:57:48 PDT 2017

Washington Ornithological Society Membership Meeting/Program Night

Monday May 1

How Technology is Changing What We Know about Migration

We've come a long way from believing that swallows hibernate in the bottom
of ponds for the winter! New technology is changing what we "know" about
migration. Join Ann Nightingale for a slide-illustrated talk about the
tools we're using and the amazing things we're discovering about the
movement of birds. Yes, you CAN try this at home!

Ann Nightingale is an avid birder and volunteer for Rocky Point Bird
Observatory in Victoria, BC. She considers herself something of a "bird
evangelist" and is a frequent speaker at birding events and for community
groups. Ann is one of the passionate birders featured in the new book "Good
Birders Still Don't Wear White". She received the ABA's Betty Peterson
Award for Conservation and Community in 2016.

Meetings are monthly at the Center for Urban Horticulture

3501 NE 41st Street, Seattle

Doors open at 7:00 p.m. and our program begins at 7:30 pm.

Remote attendance is possible for members of WOS; specific information and
instructions are sent by e-mail prior to each meeting. Contact Elaine
Chuang elc at u.washington.edu <mailto:elc at u.washington.edu> about remote
attendance.

Ed Swan

Nature writer and guide