[Tweeters] Solitary sandpipers, chipping sparrow, Western kingbird and white-fronted geese, Clark co, WA

Bob rflores_2 at msn.com
Wed Apr 26 15:24:09 PDT 2017

Hello All,
Les Carlson sent me an email he had two solitary sandpiper at the end of Lower River Road I just found three there plus three greater yellowlegs. You can not see them from the road hike out the dike that goes right from the gate and there is a long narrow flooded low spot that is where they are. Also of interest were 21 American white pelican and a single Caspian tern. Bullock's orioles calling in riparian at the main gate.

At Shillipoo Lake I found 57 white fronts in the wetland and 19 flying over. Also found a western kingbird and chipping sparrow at the old corrals near the gate into the lake.

At the feedlot on Lower River Rd there was a male yellow-headed blackbird and 47 white -fronted geese flew over.

One common theme and seen everytime I brought my binos up were yellow-rumped warblers. Driving the roads it is a constant sight of popping yellow-rumps as they flycatch and disappear.

Bob Flores
Ridgefield, WA