[Tweeters] Hammond's Flycatcher (?), W Stl

Tucker, Trileigh TRI at seattleu.edu
Fri Apr 28 15:30:45 PDT 2017

Good afternoon Tweets,

I’ve been hearing a Pacific-slope Flycatcher in my West Seattle yard and thereabouts, so when I saw this little guy (here<https://www.flickr.com/photos/trileigh/34170314272> and here<https://www.flickr.com/photos/trileigh/34287397626>) in our blooming pear tree, I figured that’s who it was.

On inspection of the photos, though, I’m now leaning toward Hammond’s because of the less-asymmetric eye ring, the buff color of the breast, and a lower mandible that to my eye looks dark instead of yellow. I had a Hammond’s a week ago that I got pretty grainy photos of, so perhaps this is the same individual.

I’d love to get a few more eyes on the photos<https://www.flickr.com/photos/trileigh/> for ID confirmation (or deformation). Thanks!

Good birding,
Trileigh

Trileigh Tucker