[Tweeters] Off-topic: Bird/other guidebooks for Galapagos?

Lonnie Somer mombiwheeler at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 11:26:56 PDT 2017

I'll be going there in just over a month and have been researching the
indigenous fauna (and flora) as well. I also like the Swash and Still
book, although in my copy, the photos of the herons on P 67 were not
identified, so I wrote in the IDs myself. I would also recommend "Wildlife
of the Galapagos" by Fitter et al. "Galapagos: Preserving Darwin's
Legacy" by Tui de Roy would be too big to bring along, but gives an
excellent background to many of the species there. I also made lists of
species from eBird for the places that I'll be visiting. Finally, I
downloaded photos of many of these species onto my Tablet to create my own
field guide. Good luck!

Lonnie Somer
Seattle
mombiwheeler at gmail.com