[Tweeters] Off-topic: Bird/other guidebooks for Galapagos?

Rachel Lawson rwlawson at q.com
Sun Apr 30 16:07:03 PDT 2017

I have not visited the Galapagos myself, but I have a book called Galapagos
Diary: A complete Guide to the Archipelago’s Birdlife, published in 2000 by
Hermann Heinzel. (Heinzel illustrated a field guide to the birds of Europe
that I used in the 1970s and 80s.) It’s not a traditional field guide, but
it describes the island habitats and wildlife, and then includes photos,
sketches, paintings, and descriptions of all the birds. I have loaned it to
friends who visited the Galapagos, and they found it very useful.