[Tweeters] Ancient Murrelet with Fish Hein Bank

Dave Parent dpdvm at whidbey.com
Mon Aug 7 14:12:11 PDT 2017

Sorry for the late entry.

I was on a whale watching boat on Tuesday, August 2 and at 2pm over Hein
Bank I saw an Ancient Murrelet resting on the water and holding a large fish
in its beak. I watched the bird for 10 minutes and it made no attempt to
swallow the fish. Possible evidence of breeding? Waiting to take the fish to
a chick? There were many other resting alcids holding fish in the same area.

Dave Parent, Freeland, WA dpdvmATwhidbey.com